The true power of Congress resides in the constitutional power of Congress to control the purse strings of the United States Government. Congress has the constitutional power to refuse to fund items, to include executive orders and legislation, which in effect renders such items null and void. Sadly, Congress has failed to make use of the power to defund the unconstitutional acts of the United States Government.
Too many politicians are concerned with fattening their own purses rather than protecting the rights of “We the People.” Given that our congressional representatives have failed us in this regard, it is up to “We the People” to defund an out-of-control Government. I for one am willing to put my own financial wellbeing at risk in order to set an example for others to follow.
For yet another year, I will neither be paying nor filing income taxes. I am abstaining from paying taxes due to the fact that I cannot in good conscience support the actions of the United States Government.
As an American…
– I cannot support the Government’s continued assaults on freedom and liberty.
– I cannot support the Government’s continued assaults on our unalienable and constitutionally protected rights.
– I cannot support a Government that performs the majority of its work in secret with no accountability to the people.
– I cannot support a Government that starts conflicts and wages wars for profit.
– I cannot support a Government that has a ruling class that has a different set of rules than its citizens.
– I cannot support a Government that is attempting to destroy the traditional family unit.
– I cannot support a Government that continually results in new scandals and then does nothing to address said scandals.
– I cannot support a Government that misleads, misuses, and throws away its own soldiers.
As a Christian…
– I will not support murder or oppression.
– I will not support abortion.
– I will not support attacks on religious freedom.
– I will not support needless wars and mass murder.
– I will not support slavery via debt or any other mechanism.
I cannot in good conscience support the actions of the United States Government and would consider myself morally responsible if I did. I am willing to pay the price, whatever that may be; I consider freedom, morality, and my soul to be far more important than any material benefits I might achieve by sacrificing my values.
The question you should each be asking yourself is: why are you willing to support the Government’s current actions? The answer for most folks will be that they pay the Government out of fear due to the potential repercussions. We should never have to live in fear of our own Government!
I do not know if our votes at the ballot boxes count any more, but I do know that I can still vote with my pocketbook and I sure as heck will not finance evil!
God bless America and God help our Government!